If you are considering transferring from your property to a smaller/larger one you will need to register with the Local Authority.

Both Wiltshire Council and Swindon Borough Council operate a 'choice based lettings scheme'.

When you register with your relevant Local Authority you will be allocated an application number and will be advised of what priority band you are eligible for.

Once you have registered, you will be able to bid (register an interest) for any property that you are interested in. The property is generally allocated to the applicant who is in the highest priority band and who has been registered for the longest time. In many instances the council will also take into account your local connection to where the property is situated.  This is not a quick process and if you are thinking of moving in the short term, then you may find that carrying out a 'mutual exchange' is a better way forward. If however you are thinking in the longer term then transferring would be suitable for you.

If you are looking to downsize it is worth bearing in mind that generally you would get allocated a higher priority banding, so under these circumstances allocation is generally quicker.

Transfer within Wiltshire Rural Housing Association

We are happy to consider moving our tenants within our own developments if there is a need for a smaller/larger property. If you would like to be considered for an internal transfer when/if something becomes available you will need to let us know. We are happy to consider this if there is a proven need, you will need to be up to date with your rent and not have had any tenancy issues.

If you would like any further information regarding transfer please contact Belinda Eastland or Sue Bone on: 01380 850916

Copyright © 2016 Wiltshire Rural Housing Association  |  All Rights Reserved
Wiltshire Rural Housing Association
New Hall
Market Place
SN12 6EX

t: 01380 850916